Tuesday, August 21, 2018

34 Week Update!

Today I am 34 weeks, and I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! I cannot believe how fast time is flying by! I thought I would have posted more frequently, but this pregnancy is going so freaking fast! Things have been going really good so far. I have been doing weekly blood flow scans and growth scans every 3 weeks, and the results have all been good. He still has IUGR, and is going to be a small baby, but I am pretty sure that it is because of my Unicornuate Uterus, and that is okay, because other than that, he is doing great! As of 2 weeks ago, he was just under 4 pounds, he is practicing his breathing, moving like crazy, and is completely stubborn! He is still breech and refuses to move, so as of my doctor appointment today, I have officially scheduled my C-Section. I am incredibly nervous and a little bummed that I have do to a C-Section, but as long as the end result is a happy and healthy baby, I am game for anything! So this cute little baby boy will be born in 4 weeks, or earlier if he decides so.

About 4 weeks ago, we decided to go for a 3D/4D Ultrasound. I wasn’t going to do it, but after thinking about it, I decided that if this happened to be my only pregnancy, I would be really bummed if I didn’t do it. So D and my Mom went on a Saturday to the fantastic center for some cute pics. And just like everything else in this pregnancy, it was a little different than I hoped. I have anterior placenta, which is a thick placenta right in the front that acts like a cushion, and unfortunately blocked a lot of the pics. The wonderful sonographer tried for 30 minutes but was not able to get any good pics. We did get to see him drinking his fluid and sticking his tongue out, but other than that, it was a dud. The owner met us at the front and offered to have us come back within 10 days to see if she could do it. A week or so later, we met back up at the clinic, this time we brought A as well, and tried our luck. After about 30 min of the owner trying, she gave up. We were able to get 2 decent pics. She felt badly for us and offered to refund our money. I asked her to only do half because she worked really hard for us, but she ended up doing it all, which was super nice. So here is our little man in a somewhat of a 3D/4D pic!



A few weeks ago I had my baby shower that my mom hosted and it was purely magical! She did such a wonderful job putting it all together and making sure it was so much fun and the absolute best time! I had my friends and family in attendance along with my bestie who flew down from Texas. It was a blast! I felt so loved and it was truly everything I had hoped for. And last weekend, I was blessed with having my work peeps throw me a baby shower, which was also really amazing and a lot of fun. This little guy has so much love already, it is quite amazing!

The last few days I have been nesting and getting his things sorted, washed, put away, and all set up. Folding his little onesies and blankets, holding his little diapers in my hand, and looking at his cute little bassinet in my room is so surreal. I cannot believe that in a month or so, I will be holding our little miracle in my arms. I am beyond thrilled and feel extremely blessed, and not to mention, VERY emotional!

I will try and post another update before I have this little cutie, but if I don’t, please send prayers and happy thoughts for a successful C-section, speedy recovery, but most importantly, a healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment